At Key Visa Company Limited, one of the most common request we have is to help our UK clients with a marriage and UK Settlement visa package. This is a full service from start to finish, from getting you and your Thai wife legally married, to applying for the UK Settlement visa for your Thai wife to live and reside with you in the UK.
Our role in this service is to help your from start to finish and assist you and your Thai wife through the whole process to try and make it as hassle free as we possibly can. To be totally honest, you will be glad that you did take advantage our services.
A UK Settlement visa is a visa that allows you to live in the UK with your Thai partner as man and wife. The criteria for this visa are that you have to be legally married in Thailand. The Settlement visa is a 2 year and 9 months visa which can be extended in the UK without your Thai wife having to return to Thailand, but your wife is allowed to return to Thailand for holiday purposes to visit family.
A UK Settlement visa allows your Thai wife to work legally and obtain a National Insurance number and be eligible for free NHS care and sign on with your local doctor and do pretty much the same as an English wife, but your Thai wife cannot claim benefits which is actually stated on the visa no recourse to any public funds. So as the UK sponsor, your job is to financially take care of your Thai wife for the duration of your lives together in the UK.
UK Settlement visas do cement your relationship and allow you to build your lives together in the UK without the fear of looking over your shoulder. To obtain a UK Settlement visa there is a financial criteria which we have detailed on another section and these rules were introduced in July 2012 and are designed to prove to the British Government that you can financially take care of your Thai wife. This includes being employed or self employed or living on pensions but it mainly comes down to being able to prove that you are earning 18,600 UK pounds before tax which is the level set by the British Government.
To obtain a UK Settlement visa we always advise getting professional help and at Key Visa we are specialists with the documentation and the presentation of the visa application. The application is done is two stages; the first being the online visa application and then the financial application which we call the separate appendix. One mistake and you lose the application and also the Embassy fee paid so let us take the stress away and process the UK Settlement visa for you.
We start the process by getting you and your Thai wife legally married in Thailand by obtaining the correct documents and translations and getting you married at the local registry office. Without professional help this can be a nightmare so we take the pressure and hassle away.
Below we have given details of our service and costings for the Marriage and Settlement visa application package which is very well known by our friends and clients.
Our service offered for a UK Settlement visa for your Thai partner
- We first start by advising the sponsor and the Thai applicant of the documents required on the telephone or by e-mail or fax making sure that both parties understand fully the requirements
- We proceed with the legal marriage service documentation which is explained in full in another section names legal marriage in Thailand. Please note this service is free if you and your Thai wife proceed with the Settlement visa application
- We make sure your Thai wife has changed her passport into your surname if this has not been done then we help with obtaining the new passport
- We have English staff to deal with the sponsor and Thai staff to deal with your partner which is important to make sure that document supplied are correct and complete
- When the documents are received we collate and do the translations that are needed
- We advise if we feel any documents are missing or if there is anything that needs amending and work with the client until the documents are correct
- Whilst awaiting documents to arrive we train your Thai wife ready for her A1 English test and with our knowledge we can guarantee that your Thai wife will pass the test without any hassle
- We book the test appointment and then take your Thai wife for the exam the certificate is then posted back to our office at Key Visa Company
- We book your Thai wife to go for her tuberculosis x-ray which is done online and a date has to be booked we then take your wife for the x-ray.
- We prepare the online application for the client with no mistakes and saying the correct things
- We write all associated letters for you and your Thai partner as we know the wording needed
- We book the appointment to submit the visa application with your Thai partner in Bangkok and make sure your Thai wife is word perfect
- We make sure that your Thai partner says the correct information to the Officers which is important when submitting the visa application as a short report is done
- We then get an application tracking number and check the status of the application every day until the decision has been made
- When the decision has been made on the visa application we then will collect the application and passport and visa on behalf of your Thai wife from the visa application center in Bangkok
- We then advise you when the visa has been issued and the start date so you can prepare flights for your wife which for a Settlement visa can be a one way flight
- We train your lady also how to speak correctly and say the correct information to the Immigration in the UK when she lands and what documents she must take to the UK with her
When the visa has been awarded the documents and passport can be collected or we can post to your Thai wifes home if they so wish and do not wish to travel to Pattaya.
For a UK Settlement visa our total fee for all of the above is 95,000 Thai baht and included in our fee is all costings incurred during the visa application fee, including Embassy fee, translations etc. and no increase in the quoted price. It also includes the legal marriage service for free
Our company policy is you only pay a5,000 baht deposit to start the processand then no more money until the visa has been awarded, so there is no financial risk to you or your partner as stated on our home page. So when the visa has been awarded you pay the 90,000 baht remaining. So for us No visa No pay and we take the financial risk.
Please note as an addition to the above price the client is requested to pay for their English A1 test which is currently 7,000 Thai baht as this is their test that they keep for life and is the only item that is not included in our costing. We prepare your wife and take her for the test and do everything to guarantee a pass.